CAREERS AT FLUXION BIOSCIENCES
Fluxion Biosciences (San Francisco, CA) is a rapidly-growing bioanalytical tool company which is addressing critical needs in the pharmaceutical, biotech and life science research industries. Our industry-experienced team is committed to making a difference in improving the quality, speed and value of life-saving research.
Fluxion is looking for experienced personnel to join our team. We are looking for individuals who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and can make meaningful contributions to the development and commercialization of our line of products for cellular analysis. Fluxion offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and stock options.
Operations and Customer Service Specialist
Fluxion Biosciences is a leading provider of innovative analytical systems serving the biotech, research, and diagnostics markets. We are looking for a talented individual to handle our order entry, purchasing, and inbound/outbound logistics. The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of these areas, including use of MRP/ERP systems, supplier management, order entry processes, and domestic/international shipping. This is a key interface position for us, as it serves as the point of contact for both customers and suppliers. Comfort in a fast-paced environment while “juggling many balls” is needed.
The Operations and Customer Service Specialist will:
- Receive, verify, and enter customer orders that arrive by email or online
- Handle incoming inquiries from customers/distributors by phone/email to quote product prices and deliveries per established price lists and guidelines
- Review incoming purchase orders and verify that terms meet standard company policies and/or are in compliance with quoted terms
- Input standard costs and bills of materials into the MRP system
- Run buy reports form MRP to determine inventory purchase requirements.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers. After order is placed update purchasing system with delivery date and other relevant information.
- Actively manage suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of purchases
- On a daily basis receive incoming raw materials. Open packages, match up parts against packing slip and purchase order, contact vendor and resolve any problems identified, receive parts on purchasing system, and place parts in proper inventory location.
- On a daily basis ship products against sales orders. Pack (or arrange to have packed) instrument systems and consumables.
- Report shipments to Management and Accounting on a daily basis
- Enter information on shipping system against sales order. Ship product online (UPS, FedEx, etc.). Ensure products are picked up by shippers in a timely fashion.
- Update company order reports and shipment reports.
- Run month-end MRP reports for orders, shipments, inventory changes, etc.
- Interact with Management and Accounting for reporting, customer issue resolution, etc.
- Interact with Sales to resolve customer issues
- Assist in process improvement projects to develop standardize processes (SOPs), lower costs via new vendors, assist in make vs. buy analysis, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years experience relevant to job duties described above
- BS degree desired
- Knowledge of Supply Management, Vendor Relationship, Inventory Management, Order Entry principles desired
- Ability to use Excel for reporting and analysis
- Strong organization and documentation skills- ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills- phone and written correspondence
- Can-do attitude and initiative to tackle and resolve issues as they come up
- Experience using an MRP/ERP system (Netsuite, SAP, etc.) preferred
luxion is located in a modern office park with plentiful parking and easy access to mass transit.
ree shuttle service to Bay Ferry and BART is provided.
We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.